Friday, January 18, 2013

Chocolate Mini Cakes

     I am a chocolate lover, and chocolate bakeries are my favorites. These mini chocolate cakes I am writing about today are really great. I still have their taste in my mouth. I baked them a couple of days ago and I am planing to bake them again very soon. I can't have enough! Just with some simple ingredients, you may make these cute cakes from scratch. Don't worry if you bake many, you can always store them in your fridge for a day or two. 

Such a delight!



Ingredients

- 250 g Cake flour
- 100g Chocolate (semi sweet if available)
- 100g Butter
- 170 ml Milk
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Instant coffee (dissolved in 2 Tbsp warm water)
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa power (unsweetened) 
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract


Process

1- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Melt chocolate and butter together. Sift the dry ingredients together (Flour, baking powder, cocoa power, and salt). Also, grease and flour your baking pan.

2- Using a standing mixer (you may use a hand mixer or a whisk), mix the eggs, sugar, and milk, until combined. 
 

3- Add the melted mixture gradually, then add vanilla extract and coffee.
4- Add gradually the dry ingredients and mix with the batter Using a spatula or a whisk.





5- Pour the batter equally into the shells and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (baking time may differ so be careful)


6- Cool for some minutes then remove your cakes from the pan and decorate as you like. I choose powdered sugar and canned cherries for a simple decoration.



Enjoy your sweet cakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment